Saturday, January 23, 2010

Does anyone else hate going to the hairdressers?

I find the whole process of going to the hairdressers tedious. You have people trying to ask you a load of questions you don't want to answer, you then have to lay your head in an uncomfortable sink for ages while someone stalls time by massaging your head and then whenever i try to read a magazine the hairdresser keeps on yanking my head up again, so i end up having to listen to various peoples' life story.


All of my friends love gong so i was wondering if anyone else hates it.Does anyone else hate going to the hairdressers?
i do hate it but that's because my hairdresser says i need to change my ';image'; i mean i no she's a professional but i like my hair and don't appreciate her telling me i should change it. I no what you mean by trying to read a magazine. After a while my hairdresser just takes it off me. I'm like whats that about? i like to read whilst I'm having my hair done because it takes my mind off the horrendous thought of her changing my hair style without telling me. So i tend not to look.Does anyone else hate going to the hairdressers?
yes - i agree - i dont like the hairdressers either, i find it boring and i don't really like the guy that does my hair, but he does make a nice job of it.
I love it, I think you need to relax more and enjoy your time there more often. They're there to make you look good, not necessarily torture you.
Yeah, me too.


I take a picture in, never come out looking like that.


They ask me, do i want it shorter than the style..( if i did, i wouldn't have fetched the damn picture in)


And..I always panic that they'll chop too much off, or dye it the wrong colour or something !! arrrgghhh


So, you're not alone sweetie


x
I love it, a couple of hours to myself, no kids, adult conversation, great.
I loooooooooooove going to the hairdressers. The thing for me, though, is finding one who will listen to me and do what I ask for, and do it well.





I love the whole experience, especially the washing part. I love having my scalp massaged, and they do a fantastic job of it. If I could sleep through the experience, I would.
I don't hate it, but I'd rather not do it. I only go once or twice a year and I dread it each time.
it has to be done so try and find one were you get on with the lady and she knows what you like or wash your own hair before you get there they dont mind just tell them. take a ipod
Noooo, You haven't found the right hairdresser yet. Once you do you'll look and feel the difference. It's a tedious process, trying to find a good fit like a treasured pair of jeans.





I found one that I let have total artistic control with..I used to be a 'CONTROL' freak when it came to my hair, but after the compliments I got and still get...people stop me and ask me where I go. *Big Smile*





I try to get in every 6-8 weeks at least for a trim. AND, love to stay in style with latest look. But, overall you should feel comfortable going, look forward to it and feel great after.





Hope that helps : )





If you see someone--stop and ask where they go. Ask friends..co-workers..
haha yes i hate it when hairdressers try and makes you uncomfortable
I hate it, having to part with £8 every two months.
i hate going because i hate my hair getting shorter!!


lol.. im like, go over an inch and ill scream..!


lol.. i asked for 2 inch cut off about 3 years ago and she did it wonky and someone else came along and took another 5 inch off, i was gutted, it was down to my bum until that moment!! its slowly growing back though!
Well the poor guy has to have your head up so he can get an even cut. If you hate it so much you should consider a style that has little maintanence. You know natural color and not cut. Just wear it straight or in a pony tail!
i dont mind..maybe if you stick to one hairdresser you like and shop you like..then maybe you wont hate it so much ive had my same hairdresser for years now and i consider her as a freind now i guess u can say ... we can talk about anything if we want or just keep quiet while she does my hair..and since ive been with her for so long all the other dressers are cool with me too we just talk about anything...not life stories either..stuff like news and whats going on ect... When you find that one perfect dresser then youll love going..especially when youre always getting compliments and when ppl ask who does your hair
I hate it and have not gone in over a year I cut my own.
I do, in the past 10 yrs I've gone once. I've had horrible service prior to that so I trim or cut my own hair half the time I do a better job than they do. I paid $100 for a dye job once after I had my first child and it faded within 2 wks. I end up doing my own coloring since then.





I also agree with one of the poster up above me about the mirror--lol, I do the same thing I look like an ugly alien, not sure if it's the lighting or what, but I hate looking in the salon mirrors!
I hate it for the exact same reasons as you, with the added reason that you have to stare at your face in that mirror for like an hour, I end up thinking 'I'm really ugly' by the time its over! I try not to look and put my head down but then its yanked back up again. UGH!
yack i just hate it
I hate it too,youre right it is tedious.I dont want to sit and listen to people I dont know talking about things Im not interested in,I just feel like screaming at them to hurry up and get on with it so I can get out of there. xx
I love going to the hairdressers and i am going with my friend this thursday and i can not wait coz my hair is so messy and it needs cutting. but you are right the people do tell everyone there life stories and they say it really loudly. But when you think about it you are not there for very long and once it is done you don't go for a few months.
Well don't bother going then. duh

No comments:

Post a Comment