Friday, January 22, 2010

Why do we tell hairdressers it looks great, when we hate it?

We have our hair done, and they do it their way, they never listen when we say ';just trim the ends'; then they cut 3 inches off.


They set or blow dry it how they like, we hate it, but most of us say ';thanks that's great'; then go home and wash it and style it ourselves? Do we think we'll hurt their feelings if we tell them how awful it is? Do we care if we hurt their feelings if we don't know them? Funny huh?Why do we tell hairdressers it looks great, when we hate it?
I know! Me too. I guess if we say 'I don't like it' they'll go at it again and just f**k it up further! I just never go back. The eternal quest for the perfect hairdresser!Why do we tell hairdressers it looks great, when we hate it?
I think most people are just set in their own ways. I do the same thing though. Whenever I go to the hair salon my hair stylist always gives my hair way to much body... where I kinda feel like I just walked out of the 80's. When in reality I am just judging myself a little to harshly.





Everyday I do the same thing to my hair. It usually always looks the same... So when you go to a hair salon they do something new something that you aren't used to seeing on yourself. Maybe it looks really good to the hairstylist and everyone else... it just takes some getting used to.





But its your hair. Put your foot down and stop them before they trim those 3 inches off. If they style it the wrong way ask to see the hair straightener or whatever you use on your hair. That is what I have learned to do. If I cant walk out in public with it I will simply tell my stylist.... I love it but let me make a couple adjustments.





sorry this is kinda long but there are a few ways to look at a situation like this. =]
I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings yeah because I know my hairdresser and she is lovely and she is always friendly to me. I care if I hurt her feelings because I have seen how much effort she puts in. I still wouldn't tell a hairdresser I don't know because i think it is rude and you would be telling them how to run their job. I wouldn't like it if a customer complained to me if I was a hairdresser. x
I know! I told them I wanted big waves, but what did she do, grab the tiniest curling iron and gave me these nasty CURLS. It looked SOO bad on me, it was hard to hold back the tears. Not to mention her job was done very choppy and uneven.





I HATE going to the salon because alot of people can't cut hair for ****.
I guess it's because wether we like it or not, what's done is done and unless all our hair falls out over night (which isn't really likely to happen, right?), it'll always groen back over time.


Also I think... wether we say we like it or not, there's not much they can then do about it. We're still likely to be made to pay... even id a deduction is included xD
Manners definitely.


Because we don't really wanna know when we screw up so we don't want to tell them.


P.s.


If you only want the ends trimmed tell them to ';dust'; your hair. Trimming means cut off enough to tell that it was cut.
The same way we go, ';Yes thank you';, when asked if everything is alright with a meal in a restaurant. Even if it's total and utter crap.





Or maybe that's just me....!
i do that and i have no idea why. i think maybe its because they still have scissors in their hand and i dont want them to get mad? lol
LOL- I do that





I guess to be nice and also once hes/she cut it i suppose you can't uncut it.





Good question- you get a star
I know, how annoying is it. I wish I could say it like it is but accept that I'll never have the guts to do it!!
Pah, manners, I have too many and don't want to upset or question their profession lol
well darn well tell them u r not happy if they would cut that much off but as far as style they really dont know u so they usually do it there way at times u can get some terrific ideas have fun
Because its a nice thing to say
Yeah it's just out of manners I think lol
so that they wont make you look like a freak the next time you come in. haha



just so they feel better and then we get out and go ';oh what have they done?';

No comments:

Post a Comment