Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hairdressers! If I complete nvq 1 and 2 and get a job in a salon would I start by assisting the hairdressers?

and making tea or would I get straight in and have my own clients? Also im 29 now so am I likely to get taken on when I finish? and lastly any idea what the salary is at that level? this will be much apreciated! nvq 2 would surley be qualified enough?Hairdressers! If I complete nvq 1 and 2 and get a job in a salon would I start by assisting the hairdressers?
I'm not too sure. I'm currently a shampoo girl and the girls at the salon said if I were going to be a stylist, they'd take me right away, no questions asked. However, I'm going to school for communications and not interested in that. I guess if things fall through that's where I'll wind up going though.





I'm not too sure in your case though, since you're not already involved in some kind of salon in any way.Hairdressers! If I complete nvq 1 and 2 and get a job in a salon would I start by assisting the hairdressers?
hiya there, i have a lot of friends that are hairdressers and im away to start my NVQ1,many of my friends have told me that even after finishing NVQ1+2 when they started work in a salon they were contantly learning new things and they still are,i think if you are confident that you can have your own clients then you will,im 27 and the feedback i got from friends that own there own salons is that mature students are seen as being more reliable,as for the salary i really think it depends on which part of the country you are in and also if its a large salon or a small salon you work in,i wish you all the best for your future in hairdressing.
yes
I have been hairdressing for many a year and normally you would do day release to college and work the rest of week in salon,you may also do full time at college ,get your nvq2 and above then you would join in salon life as a junior stylist for a year where you would build up a client base,pay and commision vary per salon from basic wage up to 拢9-拢10 a hour ,hope this may help.

No comments:

Post a Comment