Saturday, January 23, 2010

I鈥檓 too scared to walk into the hairdressers alone and get my hair cut!?

I dont know what it is but I really dont want to go in there alone tommorow. I really need some confidence! Can anybody give me advice? I know it sounds stupid but I HATE going somewhere alone.I鈥檓 too scared to walk into the hairdressers alone and get my hair cut!?
You've just got to confront your fears and tell yourself to stop being silly. You must inside realise that there is nothing to be frightened. Just consider what it is your are frightened of, and then imagine that it is insignificant and trival, and pretty soon it will be.





Simply take the plunge, and get out there.I鈥檓 too scared to walk into the hairdressers alone and get my hair cut!?
It sounds as though you are suffering from anxiety and maybe panic disorder. I used to suffer from this and was scared of going to the hairdressers and doing other stuff alone.





If this is seriously affecting your life you should seek help at the doctor. If you think you can face it, force yourself to go.





Don't breathe too hard, anxiety is actually caused by over breathing. Take slow breaths. If you manage to go alone it will gradually get easier and you will forget you were ever scared.
The best way to overcome a fear is to face it. I used to be scared of going to places like the hairdressers alone too. It helps to just suck it up and project confidence. Fake it till you make it! That's what I did and now I'm not afraid to go anywhere.





Good luck with it. Hope it all works out.
I understand what you mean...but the more you go places alone the less daunting it will seem. It's the idle chit chat in hairdressers which I hate, but hairdressers seem to be able to tell when a customer doesn't want to chat %26amp; they just get on with it...there's always music playing so it's not like there's an uncomfortable silence.


Just do it!
You may be suffering from social anxiety. See your GP for a referral. Sertraline may be prescribed and will turn your life around.
Certainly, I agree with you in spite of the difficulties has not done English grammatical errors.


Hello from Scarli
at the end of the day, they want you to come in, whether your male/female, short/tall. fat/thin. your paying their wages by having your hair cut. all they want is to get through the day and get paid. so to be honest, they wont even pay much attention to you. your just part of their job. not an inconveniance
Maybe you don't like surprises, the kind you get when you are meeting someone for the first time. Sometimes it is hardest to do something when you are not sure of the outcome. Will you like the hairdresser, what will she/he be like etc.... Going to someone a second time is a lot easier than the first. A key to comfort is to be yourself, and just remember whatever is going to happen it will be okay. You only have to visualize a little bit to see yourself go through the steps of the haircut and then it will happen.





If you are really bothered plan something to do right after like going for a treat (coffee, ice cream...) and think about that during and the time will pass faster.
I'm scared of ghosts as well, take some friends
Just drive there, get out of the car and go in. They are expecting you , I would assume. The sooner you get over this fear, the better your life will be. Independence is great.
I know where your coming from, Ive had panic attacks for 4 years and have been where you are now, Im not saying you have panic attacks, maybe more so social anxiety, either way its not a big problem. Go to your doctor he will help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment