Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Are you expected to tip hairdressers and beauticians?

I'm enquiring about a situation where the hairdresser or beautician is not the actual owner of the place, but is an employee.Are you expected to tip hairdressers and beauticians?
If the person is the actual owner then I guess you don't need to tip but if the person is an employee, it depends on whether you want to tip.





They won't seize you by the arm if you don't tip. Personally, I think tipping is a nice gesture.Are you expected to tip hairdressers and beauticians?
I mean I would reccommend it especially if YOU feel it was a job well done that great effort was put into it. In addition you gotta digg the hairstyle :-)
Yes, at least 15% of your total tab.
In the US on the west coast, we do.
if they are nice, why not?
my hair costs about $95-$110........i tip about $20. that's a lot isn't it? i've only been getting my hair done for about a year and it's only like every 6 to 8 weeks. i can't cut down the tip now, can i?





is that a good tip?


i need to post a question.
yes you should
not expected, but if you get good service you should $1 to $5 sounds fair
if they did a good job i would. i used to tip all hairdressers even when they botched up my hair and now i regret doing that. one time this lady really messed up my hair so bad and she had no remorse whatsoever, i really wish i didnt give her a tip at all!
I tip them.. actually I don't really know anybody who doesn't..
i think you should i give them about 5 dollars :] if your happy with your hair of course if not give less
This has always been something that I feel ';awkward'; about. I get my haair cut by a professional stylist, and I tip her $10.00, sometimes $15.00; depending on the service. But please, keep in mind, that my stylist knows what I want when I want it. That is why I don't go to some **** hole like SuperCuts.
I don't think there is any rule about this, but I always try to tip the guy who cuts my hair. Not a whole lot, but usually $5.00 if I just get my hair cut, and if I get highlights and a cut, I usually give him $10.00.





Every person has their own thoughts on this. Some people say I'm stupid... others tip more than I do.





Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment