Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What do you hate about the hairdressers?

I'm a hairdresser %26amp; I hate having my hair cut! Even though I have a fully qualified, friend cutting my hair I sit there inwardly squirming thinking ';Oh god, what is she doing to my hair?'; %26amp; I feel really awkward speaking up if I'm unhappy, lol. I had it cut this morning %26amp; the first thing I did when I got home was get my scissors out, make a few adjustments then re-style it.What do you hate about the hairdressers?
My hair is quite long, so they always make me stand to have it cut.What do you hate about the hairdressers?
I hate the way they don't cut your hair as you ask and simply do what they want anyway. It's very frustrating.





and





They NEVER cut my fringe short enough and I have to do it myself when I get home! I like a short fringe which I sweep to one side and they simply don't get it when I explain that to them!!!!!!!!!
i've got long hair, its curly as well, and i want to know what the obsession is about trying to make me have it cut short?! i look awful with short hair cos its thick and curly. i like my hair long, i only want a trim, not six inches off! so i hate that they always want to give me a short hairstyle when all i want is a trim. cheers for the rant! lol
the old ladys that stare at me when i am getting my hair done





sorry but it is the truth





regards x kitti x
Paying the extortionate bill is the only bit I dislike.
Im usually happy to trust a hairdresser with my hair but the last one was so busy telling me about her rich boyfriend that she bodged me new 'do, so i hate it when they dont concentrate!
The wait, the cost, the lack of communication.





I can do my hair for only $24.00 or less where it would cost $90-$120 for the same procedure at the salon and use the same products they use.
well, i'm a hair dresser myself- and even i hate when another stylist cuts my hair too much. i do my own hair rather than paying someone else to do it for me and mess it up anyway.
I hate EVERYTHING about going to the hairdressers! I would rather go to the dentist. I never know what to say to make conversation and even if I did the hairdryers are so loud and I never can hold my head in the right position. Oh and I HATE the hairwashing sinks. And it never looks right until I can get home and wash out all that hairdresser stuff and mess it up a bit. I can't figure out how some people think getting your hair cut is a treat!
Everything...Absolutely everything! They never listen to what you want, they give you what they think is best, they prattle on about s**t your not interested in, they pull and tug you about etc. I avoid them like the plague. Many (many lol) years ago I had mine done for my wedding, I blooming well hated it! First thing I did after signing the book was brush it out. I ended up with what looked like an affro! I'm white girls.rofl. No reception piccies of me. Can count on one hand the number of times I've been, I intend to keep it that way.
God where do I begin?! The 5 hours it takes to do my highlights, the way they never do what you ask them to, the way they don't know how to cut thick hair, the way you can't use the words ';choppy'; or ';volume'; without coming out looking like an American newsreader, but mostly the way I'm too chicken to tell them what I really think at the end!
the prices they charge for something so simple as a trim. i cut my hair by myself and it's as good as any hairdressers' work. and i hate it when they talk to you, look i want my hair done, not an hour long chat about god-knows-what!!
I hate how they 1. don't do what you tell them 2. give you a hair cut you didn't ask for and completely go against what you said (suggesting a better idea or telling you it won't look good on you- thats fine but doing even wihout consulting you first that's not fine)





I've only gotten one cut I was slightly pleased with and it wasn't what I asked for btw!
I hate it when you ask for a style and they say your hair is to thick so they do what they want to.


x
I hate the way they witter on about nothing whilst cutting three inches off your hair instead of the little trim you asked for...and why do they all have to have massive windows so that everyone can see you sat there like a chump with a towel on your head ? I really don't like going.....as you can probably guess!
I've had a few bad experiences with hairdressers!


One time I asked for a trim, about an inch off the length, but she took a great chunk out and when I said that was too much, she said it was too late, she'd hqave to finish it like that, or it would look odd!


I was too upset to complain about it. She left an inch below my ears and it had been below shoulder length!


I started my new job the next day and got told that I looked like a boy with boobs!


The other was a perm that was meant to make me look like I had a slight wave, but as soon as I left the salon it was raining, and went straight to my mum's.


My mum and brother answered the door and immediately burst into fits of laughter and fell about on the floor, rolling around in hysterics!


My 'slight wave' had gone into tight ringlets in the rain, leaving me looking like orphan Annie!


Needless to say, I'm very nervous of going to a hairdressers now!
are you mad I'm also a hairdresser if you feel that way about your(FRIEND) so clad cutting your hair find another stylist maybe a peer at lest some one you trust.remember it will grow back you off all should no not to cut your own hair how would you feel if it was your clients going home and cutting there hair after you cut it i don't think you would be too pleased so grow up............
They never get your hair the way you want it----and then they have the nerve to smile and hold out their hand and expect us to pay for the privilege.
i dont like the fact that when they cut your hair the scissors are always in motion they take a snip off your hair then they do another three when no hair is being cut they waste time doing this so it seems they are really taking there time on perfecting your style, and the face that most hairdressers are so over priced and there products are so expensive, i am happy with my sunsilk shampoo anc onditioner so stop trying to get me to but salon products!

No comments:

Post a Comment