Friday, May 14, 2010

Do you hate hairdressers that ask too many questions?

I went to the hairdresser who just asked too many questions. When she asked what I did and told her I was looking for a job (I lied) The man getting his haircut near me told me that where he worked was looking for people. They gave me pen and paper to get the name of the person I had to see and wouldn't stop asking me questions. I didn't go for the job (I am on disablity) but I hated the intrusion into my life. How do you handle this?Do you hate hairdressers that ask too many questions?
Learn to keep your personal life personal. You don't have to join in to these types of conversations. Set your own boundaries. Stop lying, that only makes things worse, as you saw.Do you hate hairdressers that ask too many questions?
I have had a different sort of experience but it was somewhat the same. In that it happened in a beauty salon but the person doing my hair was asking me questions but she did not understand my answers because while she spoke english she did not understand it.


So she would ask me where I worked. When I said I don't work anymore. She said oh is this your day off? I said no I do not work anymore. She said oh so you are the manager? I was getting frustrated. I did not hate it but I kept wondering how come she was not able to understand english. She then asked me how my husband was and I said I am not married. She then said maybe he is at home? So it was getting so annoying that when I left I had to laugh. It was a riot.
Just turn the questions round back onto them. They are being polite in talking, but you could just ask them why they got into hairdressing, how long they have been training, do they have children ....?





Personally I prefer a hairdresser to talk and have a laugh. I find it uncomfortable when they just grunt or give one syllable answers or chat on their mobile phones.
I would just be polite and explain your situation. I think they were all just trying to be friendly and helpful in this bad economic climate. I do though get annoyed with hairdressers talking way too much and not concentrating on my hair.
I ignore them. I came to get my haircut, not chat it up with strangers.





Next time you have to go, bring something to read.
I say, ';Getting my hair cut is a real treat for me. I love how it feels. It's so relaxing to me. I 'm going to close my eyes and enjoy while you do your thing. But you can interrupt me if you need to ask something about my hair.'; Then I take off my glasses %26amp; close my eyes.





I say it b/c it is true. I love having my hair messed with like brushing, washing %26amp; cuts.





Most of them get the hint from the word ';interrupt.'; But if not, I'll open my eyes, lean forward, pick up my glasses, turn to look at them %26amp; answer the question. That takes so much time that they don't want to keep asking questions that will slow their chair down from making money.





If it takes a 3rd time. I repeat above %26amp; add, ';Honey, I don't want to be rude, but I'd like to lay back %26amp; rest quietly while you work b/c I have to do a lot of errands when I leave %26amp; this is my only chance to power nap.';





BTW, they're fake glasses. I only have one lens in them.


Anyway, I've rarely ever had to go past step one. They like to work %26amp; keep chair filled with paying customers. Maybe some feel it's expected of them to keep customer entertained during boring hair cut. I think they like being told that they are not obliged to keep me company.

No comments:

Post a Comment