Wednesday, May 12, 2010

In UK, do you tip hairdressers and if so what percentage?

As it is not customary to tip in cabs or pubs, I want to understand if it is practise to tip hairdressers.In UK, do you tip hairdressers and if so what percentage?
10%In UK, do you tip hairdressers and if so what percentage?
i used to tip a pound or so


however i have now got my own electric razor, and i cut my own hair,
i always tip hairdressers and cab drivers without hesitation. I think it is standard to tip a taxi driver
I don't
i live in the U K and i tip in bars and cabs and my hairdresser
10% is not a bad guideline, but go for a round number rather than work it out to the penny, I'd round up more if I'm pleased with the cut and think I've had good value, or down if I think the price is already a bit steep. Cabbies and waiters definitely expect a tip, similar guideline.
In India where I'm a hairdresser I get between Rupees-10/-,20/-,50/-,100/-,500/-%26amp;1000/-鈥?beetween 10/-to 50/-for eye-brow's and waxing manicure and pedicure.100/-for hair colouring and setting.the 500/-%26amp;1000/-tip's are the big one's like for wedding's and big party's.beein' a hairdresser I make sure I take care of my own type.拢5/-to 拢10 is what i give.if I had more on me I'll give more.
i dont - it costs too much as it is!
good question !!!!
10% is normal
Yes, unless they are the owner, as they uaually have more money than me.





I usually tip what ever cahnge there is in my purse.
It used to be usual to tip the girl who washes your hair and the stylist themself but not if they are the actual owner of the salon.





I don't know if this still applies.
In the UK you don`t have to tip altough lots of people tip in pub`s resturants and taxi`s but normally only if the service is good and they tip what ever they want , so if your hair is done nice give a good tip if your not happy with it, its simple don`t tip,
on the whole i don't really think you need too they charge you enough already
Tipping hairdressers is nice, but unlike living in the US, where is is near obligatory to tip, the UK does not have the same tipping culture (although some argue it is developing). If you think the hairdresser has done a good job, you could tip, but it isn't the end of the world if you don't.
5%
i have a hair dresser come to my house , my hair normally costs 拢25 , so i normally give her 拢27
  • coupons
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment