Wednesday, May 12, 2010

How do I explain what I want to the hairdressers?

I'm getting my hair done next week, and I have a bit of a hairdresser phobia, meaning I never get the right cut I want, either because I dont say it right or lack of communication. What is the technical term if i want my VERY thick curly shoulder length hair to have a bit cut off, bangs to the side @ about cheekbone length and super thick, straight and thinner hair. And should I let them use a razor on my hair again? And if your getting those bangs that are sideswept would I get better results if I requested they DONT use a razor, because otherwise my bangs don't look smooth, they look raggedy. Thanks SOOOO much for helping me ! xDHow do I explain what I want to the hairdressers?
If you go to a very highly skilled stylist you should be fine. Just take along pics of what you want and what you don't want. I did that for my color with a new stylist bc it's hard to describe color without a picture. I selected a few shades/variations and let her choose the ';best'; one according to her professional opinion and we agreed on a game plan. Also, when you choose a pic, try to find one with the amount of volume you are looking for, or look around the salon to see if anyone is similar in that regard. If you don't want ';big'; hair tell her so. The point is, it's good to know their work before you let them work on your hair. Obviously, you get what you pay for. I always observe before I choose a stylist.How do I explain what I want to the hairdressers?
Pics are very useful with a great stylist, they'll choose the tools to get the effects you want. Just stick with the high-end salons and highly skilled talent. My hair looks 1000x better now!

Report Abuse



i always find pics of hair i like and show my hairdresser. your hair will never look exactly like the pics because everyone has different hair but it could be really close depending on the hairstyle you want with your hairs texture.even though you tell them what you want it might not be possible with your hair.
steps:


1)imagine how u want your hair


2)draw it on a piece of paper


3)bring the paper to the salon and show it to the hair designer





hope my idea worked
I have the same problem. You should just bring her a picture.
ask them wat they suggest or look though hair books
Take a picture with you for them to see. It's best to pick a model with the hair style you want with the same face shape as yours so you know it will suit you
bring her a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment